You may think that we are only adventurous during our travels, but in our hometown Amsterdam we always try to discover new places. The hotspot around the corner is great, but sometimes we look a bit further to find more of the quaint little treasures. Perry Sport asked us to show how an adventures day with us looks like, back home in Amsterdam where we join their #myadventurelifestyle campaign. So last Saturday we spent the day together, as many other days, where we started in the city center and eventually took the car and had our own little adventure to escape the hustle of Amsterdam. Something that we do quite often!
Here is our dairy of Saturday 27th of May
Wake Up call!
We wake up at different times, not because we are so different from each other but one of us has a 3 month old baby so Elke wakes up at 7am (yes, even on a Saturday) and Sarah on the other hand is taking it a bit easier and wakes up around 9.30am (only if nothing epic has happened the night before!). We like to wear beautiful clothes but comfort is key: during the summer months we wear cool denim shorts with a simple feminine top, comfy flip-flops or sandals, with a colorful bikini underneath.
Ready for the day 10:00 – 12.00
We both love to start our day with something healthy. We have a few favorite spots in Amsterdam where we really like to come, but there’s one where we always pop in at. The Juicebrothers have healthy and cleansing juices plus a killer Acai Bowl to get us going. Did you know that they also have a kiosk in Amsterdam West? After breakfast we head to our little adventure not far from the city. The one thing we love about Amsterdam, is that it has so much greenery! Besides the many parks, we have a forest where you can hike, relax and hang out with friends. De Oeverlanden & Het Amsterdamse Bos. It’s the perfect place to get lost for hours and this is exactly what we need after crazy work week.
Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure
Walk though nature 13.00 – 16.00
How to get there really depends on your location but although we are very active and love to ride our bicycle, we took the car this time because of the baby on board. We arrived at The Oeverlanden at first. This area has stayed untouched so plants had a good change to grow in their natural habitat. During the summer you can participate in water sports such as flyboarding. Don’t be surprised if you see a herd of Scottish Highlanders grazing around, they maintain the natural balance in an ecologically responsible way. They won’t bother you unless you don’t bother them. No feeding and no padding! We walked for around and enjoyed the beautiful view of the Nieuwe Meer. The best other thing about this park is that you have plenty of secret swim and sunbathing spots. So you can get a tan without getting disturbed.
After discovering the Oeverlanden, it’s time to head over to the other side of the lake. Het Amsterdamse Bos is quite large but we have a few spots you should check out.
- Art in the forest, you can find several art displays in Het Amsterdamse Bos. (see map for the locations)
- The Forest Theater is always alive during summer. This season you can enjoy the play Julius Ceasar from the 25th of July until the 9th of September. Get your tickets here.
- The Pancake Farm, where you can, surprise surprise , eat all sorts of pancakes (even gluten free!) You can get here by taking the ” Ome Piet”, a small raft that will take you and your bicycle across the water and right to the farm.
- Cuddle with goats at the Goat Farm, something that has become somewhat of a trend nowadays.
Relax to the max 18.00 -19.00
When we are not traveling, we love to treat our bodies to a relaxing massage now and then. So after the 4 hour walk though the forest and some tanning, that was exactly what we needed! We headed over to Het Massagehuys in Amsterdam West where we both enjoyed a relaxing oil massage to finish off the day.
WIN WIN WIN
Do you want to get adventurous and enjoy the things we’ve highlighted in our diary? Good news because we are hosting a super cool Give-Away!
1. A free healthy Acai Bowl +1 from the Juicebrothers
2. Perry Sport Urban Gear +1 worthy of 300 euro (to be picked up at the Kalverstraat)
3. A relaxing massage at the Massagehuys +1
4. Sun defense and skin products +1 from our favorite skincare brand Dermalogica!
5. You and your friend take our Urban route and a professional photographer will shoot your photo’s!
How can you win?
- Follow @perrysport.nl & @wanderlust.nl on Instagram
- Share a photo of #myadventurelifestyle and tag both accounts. Don’t forget to tag your friend who you would like to share your prize with! And don’t worry, it could be anything, as long as it’s adventurous!
Winners will be announced within 2 weeks! Keep an eye out on our Instagram account where we will keep you updated via our Insta Stories.
Elke & Sarah
*We collaborated with Perry Sport for this article